How to Apply for IAGA Co-Sponsorship of Meetings and Workshops
It is expected that, generally, applications will be submitted about a year before the date of a meeting. The EC will evaluate and decide on the received proposals twice a year in June and December, with deadlines for submission being end of May and November. The following list summarises the information required in support of an application.
- Name of meeting, primary sponsors and other known co-sponsors.
- Venue and dates.
- Scientific focus of and objectives of the proposed meeting, and its relationship with IAGA.
- Estimated number of participants, abstracts and sessions.
- Level of support requested (in US dollars) and how the money will be used.
- Additional information may be provided if appropriate, such as timeliness, the history of the meeting if it is one of a series, the expected number of national, regional and international participants, considerations given to the needs of young, disadvantaged, or under-represented scientists.
- Name and address of the person submitting the application and names and addresses of others on the Local Organising Committee.
Additionally, the meeting organisers are required to submit a short report within two weeks after the date of the meeting.
Applications should be submitted to the Secretary-General.